28 September 2007

In The Mood For Blogging



This beauty is off to be auctioned at the charitable event at the Claridges next week. The event is being organized by the fundraising team at St. John's Hospice. It will hopefully fetch a tidy sum for the hospice and find a good home.
I just adore this beret. It is 100% finest Mongolian cashmere, and I seriously suspect that I won't be able to make it through the winter months without one myself!



Pod socks were a hit with Pod and I am pleased with how they came out. Currently working on the pattern, which will be available soon at Stitchville!



I found this ball of sari silk, hand-spun in Nepal, in the massive stack of yarn in the store room (yes, I need a store room for my yarn, that's a fact). I decided to make a cushion cover from it and made a start on it already.



I like the complete lack of restraint of this yarn, both colour and texture -wise. It would intimidate a bird of paradise, I am sure, it is so bright and soft.



This whole cushion thing leads me on to another thread of tale, which is that today is a special day (well, for me at least) as tonight I am hosting an inaugural social event here, in my house.

I had this idea some time ago, and it stuck around for long enough to become an item in my diary. I will be inviting a bunch of local women I know once a month. Some of them I bump into on the school runs, some are neighbours, some are my knitting students, and some are friends (and some are more than one of these at once!)
We will be meeting in my sitting room on every last Friday night of every month, to have a cup of tea and a catch up. A project of sorts obligatory (can be knitting, crocheting, sewing, embroidery). A sort of revival thing, inspired by the times past.
I'm curious how it will do in these busy times we live in. I'm hoping that it will be an opportunity for myself and all these busy women to relax in each other's company and enjoy ourselves thoroughly whilst being creative. We shall have open fires and mulled wine when the winter closes in on us. I am really looking forward to it, and so wish that some of you, dear fellow bloggers, were a bit closer so that I could include you in this invitation! Yes, I am hoping it will be terrific!

And this is where the sari silk cushion comes in! I've decided that I will follow a theme through these crafty nights. I am planning to make a large collection of soft, textured, unique, knitted cushion covers for home. Brainless knitting and will benefit the space too.

No comments: